Tuesday, February 3, 2009

18,000 Days...

18,000 Days. Today, February 3, 2009, I have been alive for 18,000 days. 25,920,000 minutes. 1,555,200,000 seconds. Wow, that seems like a really long time doesn't it? In case you don't know that makes me a little past the youthful age of 49.

Some days it feels like I am about 25. Other days I feel like I am closer to 90! But I do my best to make the most of each and every day I am blessed with.

Oh, I have my moments. (Don't we all?) Moments when I stray from this Bible verse from my youth. "Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." That's from Phillipians and I memorized it when I was about 8 or 9. It's one of those things that I have managed to retain in my brain (aka "the jeanne files"). And yes, I have those days where I am not thinking about the good, the lovely, etc. You know, somehow it all gets lost and I feel like I am not living-doing-being the best I can.

But I keep on trying! I mess up. Then get up the next day hoping and praying that I will speak kinder, act with grace, be more patient with others, and think the best of people not the worst.
Thank you Lord for another day.

No comments: