Sunday, January 25, 2009

One of my pet peeves...


OK. I have to talk just a minute about one of my pet peeves. I absolutely think it is the rudest thing to not even have your presence be acknowledged by the check-out person at the store. Hmmm.... I mean really. You can't even say "Hi - how are you?"

Today at the grocery store Dave and I unloaded the groceries onto the conveyor belt. All the while the sack boy is talking to the checkout girl. They are chatting away. Not ONCE did this girl look our way and say, hello, hi, did you find everything?, kiss my foot... anything. The first words spoken to me was my total for the bill. "$209." The bad news is that this is not the first time this has happened at this particular grocery store, which shall be nameless (not Wal-Mart - they are usually pretty nice there!).

I guess saying hello or acknowledging that someone is standing right there in front of you, well that is just a common courtesy that some people don't think is necessary today. I don't expect you to carry on a lengthy conversation with me, I know you are busy working. But in my book - nice matters. And that wasn't very nice.

No comments: