Friday, January 9, 2009

Pity Party...


We interupt your regularly scheduled blog for this pitiful anouncement. It has been an unbelievable extremely "sucky" week for me. Well that's how Joni described it and I wholeheartedly agree! This was NOT the week I had planned.

I was really "ready" to get back to work! Since we had had the three snow days and then I had planned to take off those last two days before winter break, I have been off from work for THREE weeks. Oh I worked a couple of hours from home on some things that couldn't wait, but it was 23 days. A long time.

Monday. I get to work and am happy to there! I haven't seen everyone since before Christmas.

At 8:30 or so the telephone rings. My aunt has passed away that morning. This was my Mom's sister. Probably the one person on her side of the family that I was closest too. She had the same type of disease my Mom had - a vascular related dementia. Where it was the big "A" or not well you know. It doesn't really matter. Been there done that with Mom. It sucks. Funeral scheduled for Thursday. David had been feeling crappy for a couple of weeks - so he went to the doctor. Diagnosis: He has a severe sinus infection and needs to take some strong antibiotics. Great - maybe he will finally get to feeling better.

Tuesday. I had stayed up late the night before working on a photo video for my aunt's funeral. I was pooped. David was at the firehouse. He got called down for random drug testing. So while he was there he talked to them about his leg still hurting from way back in September. They schedule an MRI for later that night. I stayed up late again to finish the video and get it posted on the blog I started in memory of my aunt (and to refer people to for info about services, etc.). Made 6 dvds with labels for the family and such. Not particularly sucky - but tiring.

Wednesday. Drive to Tulsa at lunch to hand off the dvd to get it to the church for the pastor to preview. Talk to my brother. He tells me my Dad is not doing very well. (He has recurrent bladder cancer and was supposed to take a chemo treatment) He has another infection and is feeling so bad he is not sure if he will be able to make it to the funeral. Poor Daddy! Dave calls and says they have called him with his report. He has a ruptured/torn tendon/muscle something) in his calf. He will need to see an orthopedic surgeon to determine if he will need to have surgery to repair it or if they can do anything else. Yippee - they schedule it quickly and with a great doctor for Friday. By the time he gets home he has been sick all day with terrible stomach cramps and diarrhea. He has eaten a banana - that's all. Sick man comes home - falls asleep and sleeps till I wake him up to go ahead and go to bed. He is definitely not feeling well at all. Week getting suckier by the minute.

Thursday. Funeral day. We have both taken the day off work to attend. David is still sick. Not getting any better. We finally decide he is not well enough to attend the funeral. Still having diarrhea. Cramps worse. Stays in bed all day. Decide he better quit the antibiotics. Barely gets up to try to watch the OU game. Sick all night again. Oh just one more sucky day!

Friday. David is still sick when we wake up - he has been sick through the night. But he decides to go ahead and try to go to work. Especially because today is his important Dr. appointment about his leg. He calls me and tells me he is still sick and doesn't know if he will be able to make that appointment. After another call or two from him, we decide I need to go get him at the firehouse. He feels too bad to drive. He has called the doctor and they are very concerned and want to do some tests and try some different medication. I leave work. We talk again. Decide that he cannot go to the ortho and that he needs to go to the emergency room. He is sick, sick, when I pick him up. Long story short. IV, bloodwork, other "sample" and workup, shots, x-rays. They think he has C-Diff! (Very serious stuff) YIKES! Not good. This is more than likely caused from the wonderous antibiotics he started taking Monday! They decide he probably does not need to be admitted and send him home with four scrips and lots of rules for diet until this gets better. (Which could be another week they say!)

Friday, Continued. It's not over yet. We get him home. I clean the house with bleach solution to kill this nasty bacteria that he has. Oh, did I say this is "highly contagious"! Fire house has been advised to clean their too. Get him settled and go to pick up the scrips and some of the special things he can eat. While I am gone, I get a phone call. The house where I grew up caught fire and burned last night. Ahhh that makes me so sad. My dad moved away a couple of years ago - thank goodness. The news said it was caused by the furnace. But my childhood home - gone. Sucky, sucky, sucky.

This pity party is now over. We return you to our regularly scheduled ramblings...hopefully they won't be so sucky.

Oh and say a prayer for my hubby, I would appreciate it (and he would too)!

No comments: