Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things...

Well - this is from Facebook. I spent a little bit of time doing it, so I thought I would copy and post it on here too. This is one of those getting to know you things...so here's just a little more about me.

1. I LOVE technology (but you probably already knew that).
2. I love to read! I always have a book (or two) on the nightstand, or in my purse, or on the table. Get the idea?
3. I have had 9 (yes - nine) different surgeries. YIKES!
4. I had a miscarriage on my birthday 24 years ago.
5. In another life, I would have been a doctor.
6. I love old music (like big band, 40's etc.) always have...
7. I love new music (rap, hip-hop, pop country,) always have...
8. I love classical music (Bach, Beethoven, Schubert, Mozart, etc.) always have...
9. OK so I love music of ALL kinds!
10. I play the piano and used to teach piano lessons.
11. I would love to own my own business.
12. I love to decorate and do home remodeling.
13. I run a pretty mean power tool and I'm not afraid to use them.
14. I have a tendacy to be a little OCD.
15. I am not a great swimmer and have always had just a bit of fear of the water.
16. I once got to watch a taping of "Cheers" - It was a blast!
17. I have talked on the phone with one of Oprah's producers! (Stacey)
18. I have a pretty decent memory - if I read it or hear it - it seems to get stuck in my brain.I have a brain full of useless information. But it comes in handy when playing trivia.
19. I have always loved the English language and words themselves. I have a dream one day of writing a really great book.
20. I can recite many many lines from Seinfield and Andy Griffith - two of my favorite shows.
21. I used to be a runner - and loved it - maybe one day I will be again.
22. I have the neck of an 80 year old - I have degenerative disc disease (it seems to run in the family)
23. I don't drink because there is a history of alcoholism in my family. I have seen it be ugly - we used to have to get my grandpa from the drunk tank about once a month. So it's a choice I make. Not that I have a problem with anyone else having a drink - that is your choice.
24. I have been with 3 people when they left this earth - it is an experience that is hard to describe.
25. I love to talk... If I am quiet - I don't feel good.

No comments: