Friday, June 13, 2008

The things we do...

Look at this lovely lamp. Alyssa decided the other day to "decorate" it to make her babies happy. So far I have left it alone, although I did check to make sure the stickers will come off without ruining the lampshade. She did this while she and her Papa were at home together. Hmm....

At first I thought, YIKES! and thought about peeling them off right away, but she was so proud of the fact that she had done it. Hey, I gotta give her props - they are in a nice straight line going around the entire shade. She kept saying how her babies will love her more because she had decorated the lamp for them. They must like it. Here they are still sleeping where they can see it. I will be a good grandma and live with it a few more days.

It's official. The house is making me crazy. It's been three weeks and three days since my surgery. I am still making slow progress in my recovery, but I am afraid I will go nutty in this house. I love my house don't get me wrong. But it needs to be vacuumed, dusted, laundry needs to be done, dishes are in the sink, etc., etc. And where have I been for the majority of the day? In the chair, sitting on my behonkus. I have had kind of a "down" type day. My body feeling very tired, but my brain very active. So I have been thinking of all the things I could be doing if I felt better. So I am hoping tomorrow my body will feel more like moving. Then I can try to get some of this stuff done, if I can recruit some help.

It's been a busy week, though compared to the last two. I have been out of the house on several field trips. Sunday, I went to the grocery store. Great idea! Until I started trying to push the cart after adding my groceries to it. Not good. On Tuesday, Gale took me for a spa pedicure (my first ever). It was great! My toes look lovely. After that I drove myself and ran a couple of small errands. Wednesday it was a trip to try to find me some white sandals. Jamie, Alyssa, and I went out running around. Well, I was walking very slowly. David met us for lunch at Panera Bread (Alyssa's choice of lunch spots - yippee - not McD's!) So I slyly suggested, "Hey babe, why don't you go to Kohl's with us and lets find you some new slacks?" Two hours later - we have found 2 slacks, 4 jeans, 6 shirts, and 2 pairs of shoes for Dave. I thought as long as I have him here I had better take advantage of it! He needed some new things and it's not often I can get him to the store and in the mood to actually try things on. I really don't think he minded though and he got some great stuff! Me, I came home with no sandals. Thursday, Jamie was having a garage sale, so I went and sat with her for a while. Met the girls for lunch and went back to sit a while longer at the GS. Dinner that night with Dave and then to Lowes to walk around and dream of all the stuff I want to do in the house. So all in all, like I said a busy week and I guess it all caught up with me today. Tomorrow will be a better day. I am hoping to get the house straight or maybe I will find some white sandals...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I found some cute white flip/flop looking sandals at Payless of all places. Don't over do!!!

G

Jeanne said...

Thanks for the tip! The white sandals were finally found - at Rack Room - ON SALE! I got two pairs. One for $10 and then a second pair of flip flop type for $1! Yes $1...